3D Fantasy Action JRPG, Destiny Chronicles, Relaunching Kickstarter Campaign With New Demo
Developer Visualnoveler has announced that it’ll be relaunching its Kickstarter campaign for 3D fantasy action JRPG, Destiny Chronicles, on September 5, 2018. The first crowdfunding effort, which launched almost a year ago, raised more than half of its funding goal but ultimately fell short of the required amount.
“Although we were unable to reach our funding goal, your belief in Destiny Chronicles means a lot to us,” Visualnoveler said in November 2017. “Once we have a more polished version ready, we will relaunch on Kickstarter.”
The developer is now offering a demo build of the game, a preview of which you can see below.
Here’s an official overview:
Inspired by classic action JRPGs, Destiny Chronicles is an action role-playing game about a squire named Celeste who begins a journey to prove herself worthy of becoming a true knight. Her quest takes her far from her home, across the continent in pursuit of a thief whose actions stem from a sinister plot.Features
- Character-Driven Story – As Celeste travels across the continent with her companions Valana and Ruby, they’ll learn more about the world and its history, as well as a sinister plot about to unfold.
- Exciting, Dynamic Battles – Take on a variety of enemies with an exciting action combat system. Plan your battles, unleash special attacks, and devastate your foes.
- Beautiful, Mysterious World – Explore fields, towns, and dungeons across a strange world still haunted by its elusive past.
- Customization – Use an expansive talent tree to customize Celeste’s fighting style.
- Quests – In addition to the main story, side quests and optional activities allow you to further explore the world and characters of Destiny Chronicles. Dig deeper into the lore, help the people you meet, and join your party members as they resolve their personal struggles.
- Party Interactions – The three main characters learn and change throughout their journey and humorous banter fills their interactions as they come to know each other. Optional conversations add greater depth to their friendship.
- Enchanting – Upgrade your gear and boost your skills by enchanting them with magical relics.
Destiny Chronicles is in development for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
For more on what’s coming to the PS4, check out our handy list of the biggest upcoming releases.