Rage 2‘s second large scale update dropped today, bringing players a ton of new content to enjoy. We previously covered some of the content which comes with this update, including New Game Plus, Ironman Mode, and the Ultra-Nightmare difficulty, but now Bethesda Softworks has released the full list of patch notes for the update. Alongside the new ways to play the game, Rage 2‘s second update brings with it a suite of quality of life improvements, some new cheats for players to use, and more bug fixes.
For starters, Bethesda has clarified in the post that the game’s Ironman Mode will provide players with one life. Once you die, it’s game over for good. The developer did state that using the Defibrillator does not count as death though, so there’s that bit of good news! Bethesda also revealed that players will earn some exclusive weapon skins and prestige badges when playing New Game Plus.
Some of the more important bug fixes in this update include a fix to a bug that would cause the combat music not to play during the “The Ranger” mission, as well as a fix to an issue which would leave floating spikes behind when destroying wooden barricades. Other changes resolve a glitch that would cause the shop vendor’s dialogue to overlap, and a fix to a bug that would cause blood and bullet holes not to appear after lengthy fights.
You can read the full list of patch notes below:
Rage 2 Update Patch Notes
NEW GAME +
New Game + is something a lot of players have been asking for, and the team at Avalanche has gone all out for it. Now, when you finish the Project Dagger storyline and complete all of the Arks, you’ll be able to load up New Game +. This will carry over all your weapons, abilities, upgrades, and vehicles, and there will be a little surprise waiting for you when you revisit the Arks in your new playthrough. (Spoiler alert: It’s awesome skins for your weapons.) In addition, you’ll gain prestige badges when you play through the game multiple times, and the difficulty will increase with each additional playthrough.
Everyone knows Ironman Mode. You die, you lose. Sound tough? Nah. You got this. We believe in you! (Don’t worry, using your Defibrillator doesn’t count as dying.)
ULTRA NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY
When we talked to one of RAGE 2’s producers about Ultra Nightmare difficulty, he just said it was “crazy hard” and stared off into the distance with a haunted look in his eyes. It’s probably fine, though.
If you stream RAGE 2 on Twitch, you might end up seeing some familiar names popping up on bounty boards throughout the game. Viewers of your stream will be included in the pool of wanted criminals for you to hunt down.
NEW WASTELAND WIZARD CHEATS
- Dash Ragdoll: Become even more of a living weapon with the Dash Ragdoll Cheat. When you hit Dash you’ll lose all control of your limbs, literally transforming you into a ragdoll as your hurtle toward unsuspecting (and rightfully confused) enemies, instantly killing anyone in your path.
- Super Knockback: You know in anime when the hero punches someone and they fly off into the stratosphere? That could be you with the Super Knockback Cheat. All your melee strikes are amplified to the nth degree so just wind up and watch your enemies fly.
- BJ Blazkowicz Voice Pack: Bring a little Wolfenstein to your RAGE 2 playthrough with the BJ Blazkowicz Voice Pack.
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Pop-up notifications no longer pause the game
- Camera Deadzone slider adjustment added to controller options
- Flashlight added for navigating dark areas (hold Focus to activate)
- You can now skip Aunt Prowley’s dialog in the opening mission
- Added an option to disable Ark tutorials
- Tracking projects now shows progress on HUD
- New options to turn off Damage and Kill notifications on crosshair
- “You Call That a Wingstick?” and TV Fatal voice packs auto-granted after Bethesda.net account link (previously required buying from Wasteland Wizard)
- ChazCar vehicle no longer misaligns Walker through the chassis when at an angle
- Fixed an issue where you could not fast travel to Kvasir’s lab when there was an objective marker on the location
- Fixed an issue where combat music did not play correctly when playing through “The Ranger” mission
- Fixed an issue where the Prowley hologram subtitles did not match VO dialog in Japanese
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck attempting to access Authority HQ prior to Project Dagger
- Fixed an issue where bullet decals and blood stopped appearing in the game world after long fights
- Fixed an issue where the game may freeze while navigating the Phoenix weapon upgrades menu
- Player is no longer able to drive vehicles into the Ruined Shaft crusher nest
- Shop vendor VO no longer overlaps with itself
- Opening storage containers now correctly plays sound effects
- Breaking wooden barricades no longer leaves floating spikes behind
- Added two log entries for Bridge of Ned
- Mutie explosion sound effects no longer play when the player turns off all sounds
- Prowley’s VO no longer plays twice in the presidio
What do you think of this update for Rage 2? Will you be trying out Ironman Mode or the new Ultra-Nightmare difficulty? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! If you haven’t had the chance to pick up Rage 2 yet, you can purchase the game on Amazon.
[Source: Bethesda Softworks]
This page contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.