New information on how Leon will protect Ashley in the Resident Evil 4 Remake has been released, revealing that she won’t be able to hide in dumpsters anymore and won’t even have a health bar. As described in the latest issue of Game Informer, there are plenty more changes that the remake has made over the classic horror game as well.
Resident Evil 4 Remake will add new enemies and won’t have QTEs
Twitter user Jawmuncher gives a summary of the feature story on the Resident Evil 4 Remake from Game Informer. Here’s a list of the major highlights, particularly when it comes to making sure Ashley stays alive:
- Ashley will not be able to hide in dumpsters as there are none of them in the game.
- Players can press R3 to have Ashley fall back or follow Leon closely.
- Ashley does not have health bar. Instead, if she takes too much damage, she falls into a state where needs to be revived. If she takes a hit while in this state, she dies.
- Laser sights are an upgrade for firearms.
- The game will surprisingly not feature any QTEs.
- Leon can carry multiple knives, and the game can be beat with a Knives Only setting.
- A new crossbow weapon called a Bolt Thrower has been added.
- There’s a new enemy with a bull mask and a hammer. (This is just one of many new enemies.)
- Attaché Cases have perks, like increasing ammo drops.
Interestingly, the feature says that Capcom originally didn’t want to the Resident Evil 4 Remake, although the success of the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes would seem like this would be natural follow-up.
Resident Evil 4 Remake will release for both PS4 and PS5 on March 24, 2023, and will come with standard, Deluxe, and Collector’s Editions.