Square Enix has released Forspoken update 1.10, which comes with a lengthy list of visual improvements and quality-of-life changes alongside bug fixes. The game’s sales might be lackluster, but the development team is committed to fine tuning the experience.
Forspoken update 1.10 patch notes (March 10, 2023)
Full patch notes are as follows:
- Fixed an issue where the screen unintentionally flickers when AMD’s Radeon RX570 or RX580 is used. (PC version)
- Various minor fixes.
- Adjusted the explanatory text and default camera position for the tutorial of the Magic Parkour skill Zip.
- Added an option where the players can choose to automatically switch to the last-viewed section when accessing a menu.
- Added an option where the players can choose to automatically point the camera to the targeted enemy when locking on an enemy during charging spells.
- Also added an option where the players can choose to automatically switch the lock-on target to a nearby enemy after defeating a locked-on enemy.
- Added an option that enables the players to lock on to off-screen enemies.
- Added an option where the players can choose to prevent being staggered by the effects of Frey’s own spells.
- Adjusted certain enemies’ motions and behaviors upon taking damage.
- Adjusted Sila’s Magic “Slice” to be unleashed to the direction Frey is facing.
- Adjusted the lighting of certain areas in Cipal.
- Adjusted the camera effects that occur when framing bright objects such as the sun.
- Also adjusted the texture and shading for certain objects.
- Adjusted the number of polygons for certain background objects.
- Improved the glare filter quality.
- Updated the menu to display the required memory usage.
- Updated the opening sequence to go through the Brightness Settings before starting the game for the first time.
- Removed the VRS entry from the Graphics section of the menu. *The shader has been optimized to have the Variable Rate Shading (VRS) available for all hardware.
- Updated the DirectX 12 version to 1.606.4 from 1.4.10.
- Reduced the processing load in certain areas. (The load has been reduced to approximately 70% in certain scenes.)
- Reduced the VRAM usage.
- Minor optimization for certain features.
You can read a detailed write-up explaining the changes on Square Enix’s official website.