Rockstar Pass Detailed, DLC Announced
As promised, Rockstar Games has announced the details of their ‘Rockstar Pass’ for L.A. Noire. The publisher has also unveiled downloadable content plans for Team Bondi’s crime thriller.
The publisher has detailed its Rockstar Pass, which they said is a new way to pre-order DLC. The pass will give players access to all L.A. Noire‘s DLC for free as they are released on the PSN, and the pass will become available upon the PlayStation Store’s return for a limited-time price of $10.00, which is a 50% discount compared to purchasing the DLC by itself. The forthcoming downloadable content includes four cases (trophies will be included in the cases), two detective suits and a collectible challenge.
Additionally, Rockstar said all seven DLC packs that were only available via pre-order will be available via the Rockstar Pass and can be purchased individually:
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge for $2.00
- The Sharpshooter/ Broderick detective suits to download for $1.00
- Both the Naked City Vice case and A Slip of the Tongue Traffic case will be $4.00
Rockstar also announced that two new cases will be releasing this summer on the PlayStation Network for $4.00; the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case (June 21, 2011) and the “Reefer Madness” Vice case (July 12, 2011). The publisher said on the two new DLCs:
Inspired both by famous noir fiction and real-life crimes taken straight from the headlines, these downloadable cases will provide unique experiences for players independent of the game’s primary storyline. All of the DLC will be available for purchase through the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, priced after the limited discount period at $12.00 (PlayStation Network)—a 40% discount off individual DLC pricing.
Finally, the Grand Theft Auto developer revealed free downloads for Rockstar Social Club members:
As a token of thanks to fans, members of the Rockstar Social Club will also receive a free download of the Chicago Lightning Detective Suit. In addition, Rockstar will unlock the Chicago Piano machine gun for free to all players via the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Both are available now. Registration to join the Social Club is free of charge and can be accessed at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com.
Here are all the release date for the Rockstar Pass’ content:
- Chicago Lightning Detective Suit (Social Club only) – May 17;
- L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price) – May 31;
- “The Naked City” DLC case – May 31;
- “A Slip of The Tongue” DLC case – May 31;
- Broderick Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
- Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge – May 31;
- Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) – May 31;
- L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price) – June 14;
- “Nicholson Electroplating Disaster” DLC case – June 21;
- “Reefer Madness” DLC case – July 12.
Will you pick up the Rockstar Pass, or are you angry that you still have to pay for some of the DLC? Share your thoughts below.