Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Announced
Insomniac Games has announced a new Ratchet & Clank title for PS3 (via PSN).
On the PS Blog, Ted Price announced that Insomniac Games will be releasing Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3 on the PlayStation Network. The game is being released as a part of Insomniac’s celebration of Ratchet & Clank‘s 10th Anniversary Celebration. The game is said to feature a return to the series’ “classic feel,” weapons, camera (which Price describes as a classic third person Ratchet & Clank camera), and controls “while innovating and giving you a whole new way to play.” The game will also include unspecified online features to enable gamers to experience the game with their friends.
No release date was mentioned for the game, but Price says that the game is launching sometime later this year.
Finally, Price also mentioned that more news on the upcoming Ratchet & Clank Collection‘s release date and a “special surprise” for North American fans will be coming in the next couple of weeks.
Insomniac Games Community Lead James Stevenson also answered some questions and revealed some information in the comments:
- Stevenson said that FFA will be closer to Quest For Booty than A Crack In Time, but will be more replayable than either of those games.
- No time puzzles are in FFA, but there’s a “whole new twist” this time and it’s “not a mind-bending one.”
- The game will be released in Europe as Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force and will be released on a region-free Blu-ray. The European release should occur in the same week as the North American release.
- When asked if there would be a Vita version of Ratchet & Clank, Stevenson replied: “That’s all up to Sony. We’re focused on console development.”
- Story-wise, the game is “definitely” set after All 4 One, but is not the Future saga — it’s a standalone story.
- When asked about the possibility of Ratchet: Deadlocked getting an HD remaster or a PS2 Classics release, Stevenson replied: “*whistles and walks away*”
To view the first piece of artwork for the game, click on the image below:
What do you think about the announcement? Let us know in the comments!