Yet Again, PSP Game Tops Japanese Game Sales
For the second week in a row, a PSP game has topped the Japanese software sales charts. Last week, it was the DS-gone-PSP version of Final Fantasy III taking top honors. This week, SD Gundam serves to display the immense popularity of the Gundam franchise as well as enduring marketability of the PSP in Japan.
Here are the 20 best-selling games in Japan, for the week of September 24 to September 30, according to Media Create.
1. (PSP) SD Gundam G Generation: Overworld
2. (PS3) Dead or Alive 5
3. (3DS) Style Savvy Trendsetters
4. (PSV) Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees
5. (3DS) New Super Mario Bros. 2
6. (PS3) Sleeping Dogs
7. (PSP) Koi and Senkyo and Chocolate Portable
8. (PSP) Final Fantasy III
9. (PSV) Earth Defense Force 3 Portable – Double-enlistment Pack
10. (360) Dead or Alive 5
11. (3DS) Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
12. (NDS) Pokemon Black 2 / White 2
13. (PSV) Earth Defense Force 3 Portable (standard edition)
14. (3DS) Medarot 7: Kabuto / Kuwagata
15. (3DS) Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire!
16. (PS3) Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
17. (PS3) Tekken Tag Tournament 2
18. (3DS) Taiko Drum Master: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb
19. (WII) Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online
20. (3DS) Brain Age: Concentration Training
Hardware sales are as follows:
3DS – 80,175
PSP – 23,061
PSV – 14,469
PS3 – 8,935
WII – 5,421
PS2 – 1,103
DS – 794
360 – 742
I don’t know what Style Savvy Trendsetters is, but I’m mildly upset that it’s outselling Ys Celceta right now. If you care to share any rage or delight, do so below in our comment section.