Gearbox Announces $100,000 Loot Hunt for Borderlands 2
Next week Gearbox will be releasing Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition, which comes with the main game as well as plenty of additional content. In addition to its release, Gearbox has also announced that next week will be the start of the $100,000 Loot Hunt. Starting on October 11, players will be given daily targets to kill within the game. If they are US residents, this will enter them for a chance to win the weekly prizes as well as the grand prize of $50,000. Some of the prizes available, in addition to weekly cash prizes, include:
- PlayStation Vitas with copies of Borderlands 2 (ships once the game is released in 2014)
- Customized Borderlands 2 XP SEVEN headsets from Turtle Beach
- Nvidia Shield PC Streaming set-up with a Tiki PC by Falcon Northwest
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti GFX cards
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Strategy Guides by BradyGames
- Lifetime supplies of all 2K titles on Steam – past, present, and future
There are also in-game prizes with targets dropping unique loot and special community prizes if a specific number of people in the Borderlands community take out the targets. These prizes are available to everyone.
The event will last 4 weeks so be sure to sign up on the official website for your chance to win some loot.