Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Confirmed for October 8th in North America, October 11th in Europe
Amazon France was right with their listing a little ways back as Gearbox has confirmed that the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition will be released to retail on October 8th in North America and October 11th in Europe.
Including “over $100 of gameplay content for only $59.99,” here’s what you can expect to find in the bundle:
- Borderlands 2
- Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty DLC
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage DLC
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt DLC
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep DLC
- Creature Slaughter Dome DLC
- Premiere Club Content (Gaige the Mechromancer Character Class, Gearbox Gun Pack, Golden Key, Vault Hunter’s Relic)
- Krieg the Psycho Character Class
- Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox, has this to say about the GOTY Edition:
For us and for fans, the love for Borderlands 2 has been nothing short of spectacular, so it’s natural for us here at Gearbox Software to want everyone else to have a chance to experience the best-selling game and its most valuable expansion content. The Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition offers more value than ever before in one package, giving everyone an opportunity to become a legendary Vault Hunter, and join in the award winning mayhem and fun.
Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K, then talked about Borderlands 2, which has sold approximately seven million copies worldwide:
The success of Borderlands 2 has been tremendous, and the game is on-track to become the highest-selling title in the history of 2K. With the Game of the Year Edition releasing this fall, fans will have the opportunity to get their hands on the most comprehensive Borderlands 2 bundle at an incredible price.
The Game of the Year Edition doesn’t include the new DLC that was detailed yesterday.
Are you going to buy the Game of the Year Edition, or hold out for the Vita version? Let us know in the comments below.