Destiny Update on Monday Adds Voice Chat Beta, Iron Banner 2.0 Coming Late Next Week (Update)
Full details on the massive Destiny update today, November 17, can be found over here.
After the Destiny maintenance’s completion yesterday, Bungie published their Weekly Update, announcing that their weekly post will now go live on Thursdays, rather than the usual Friday.
Provided everything goes according to plan, the Iron Banner 2.0 event will go live by the end of next week, following the release of some new game updates (first one scheduled for Monday, November 17).
There will be some major changes to the Iron Banner this time around, which you can read about below:
Power. Does. Matter! (no, really)
- Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
- Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
- Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
- Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage: Wear your best (highest rated) armor; Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
- Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage: Equip your best (highest rated) weapons; Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!
Claim Victory to Gain Reputation
- Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
- Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
- The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
- Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster
Acquire Exclusive Iron Banner Rewards
- Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
- Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
- Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30
- See Lord Saladin for details!
Quitters Never Win
- Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
- Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
- You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
- Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory
Strike While the Iron is Hot
- Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
- Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing
Bungie says they will hopefully give us 24 hours advance notice before Iron Banner goes live.
One of the features included inside the Monday Destiny update will be a beta test for a new feature that allows you to access a voice channel shared by the players you meet via Matchmaking.
You can find full details about the voice chat beta over here, or read a short summary below:
Navigation mode will connect you with willing allies on your side of a matchmade conflict – be it against man or beast. If they want to talk to you, the path will now exist. The question becomes: Will they choose it?
Think of this as a trial step into a more vocal world. We know that matchmade teammates aren’t the only people in Destiny to whom you want to speak. Your Mom told you never to talk to strangers. We think she was probably right, but we’re willing to provide you with an option where you need it for tactical gain.
Also next week, Bungie will reveal a “special surprise” for owners of the Destiny Expansion Pass. They teased, “The details are still secured in a crate. Early next week, the information we’re guarding will fly through the air with the greatest of ease. When it lands, we want there to be no doubt that this is for you, and that you’ll have a chance to enjoy it first.”