Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Update Today Includes Fixes, Improvements
Available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC at the same time, today’s Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare update contains a lot of fixes, while also improving matchmaking.
Valid for all platforms, here’s the patch notes for today’s update:
- Connectivity optimizations.
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Fixed a rare frame rate drop issue that occurred in multiplayer.
- Fixed a rare issue where the underwater HUD would not display after a host migration occurs.
- Fixed an issue where some Scorestreak and medals were not being tallied when leaving in the middle of a match.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player could use the Exo Hover ability for longer than intended.
- Fixed some missing geometry on the gun barrel of some of the M1 Irons variants.
- PDW – increased damage, max damage range increased.
- MP443 Grach – Increased damage, max damage range increased.
- Atlas 45 – increased damage, max damage range increased.
- MORS – increased damage modifier on upper arm hitbox.
- Crossbow – decreased reload time, increased projectile speed.
- [PS4] Fixed an issue where players were not able to access the DLC content after purchasing until they restarted the game.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to accept an invite to join a DLC playlist when they didn’t own the DLC, resulting in the player not joining a match.
- Fixed an issue where a large number of previously unlocked or owned items could show under the “New Items” menu after signing in.
- [PC] Fixed an issue where players were not able to select items in the “New Items” menu if they were not in the center selection.
- [PC] Fixed some minor UI issues with the menu when reporting a player.
- [PC] Fixed some minor UI issues with the Clan menu when selecting a new Clan leader.
- Fixed an issue where the player would return to the multiplayer menu after selecting a secondary weapon through the Armory.
- [Xbox One/PlayStation 4] Fixed a rare issue where Player One would spawn with Player Two’s loadout after equipping an item directly from a Supply Drop in the Firing Range.
- [Xbox 360/PlayStation 3] Fixed a placeholder image that was showing on the SHG cap.
- [PlayStation 3] Fixed an issue where emblems would not show on the M1 Irons.
- Fixed a rare issue with the Missile Strike scorestreak where the fog settings would remain on screen until the player respawns.
- Fixed a rare crash issue with the Goliath.
- Fixed an issue where the player wouldn’t receive an “Out of Bounds” message when using the XS 1 Vulcan outside of the playable map on Compound.
- Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world exploits on the Parliament map.
Game Mode Specific Updates
- Kill Confirmed / Grapple Moshpit – Fixed an issue where players were able to use the grape grapple on dog tags in Kill Confirmed.
- Grapple Playlist – Fixed an issue where players were able to fire a grapple while climbing a ladder but stay in a first person viewpoint.
- Gun Game – Fixed an issue where the player would not be able to progress in gun rank when getting a kill from the grave after being setback by a melee.
- [Xbox 360] Uplink – Fixed an area on Kremlin where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.
- Search and Destroy – Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck on the Search and Destroy bomb site.
- [Xbox 360] Uplink – Fixed an area on Parliament where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.
Map Specific Updates
- Fixed various out of map exploits across different multiplayer maps.
- Kremlin – Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck on the Search and Destroy bomb site.
- [Xbox 360] Skyrise – Fixed an area where players could get stuck.
- [Xbox 360] – Kremlin – Fixed an area on Kremlin where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.
- Compound – Fixed an issue where the player wouldn’t receive an “Out of Bounds” message when using the XS 1 Vulcan outside of the playable map on Compound.
- [Xbox 360] – Parliament- Fixed an area on Big Ben where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.
- Parliament – Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world exploits on the Parliament map.
Exo Zombies Updates
- Fixed various out of map exploits where players could remain in place and not be attacked by zombies.
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to crawl off a ledge while downed in Exo Zombies.
- Fixed a rare issue where called in Sentinel Reinforcements wouldn’t revive the player in a solo match.
- Fixed an issue where a solo player would not be able to use the Exo Medic upgrade while the Sentinel Reinforcements were spawned.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to pick up and throw back a Contact Grenade after it’s been used.
- Fixed an issue where the player could keep a scorestreak item forever.
- Fixed a rare issue where a player could fall to their death with Exo Revive, and be forced into spectator mode.
Stay tuned for the reveal of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies and the Collector’s Editions later today.
[Source: Call of Duty]
Producer Mike Mejia was interviewed where he confirmed that “we’re 60 frames-per-second all the way.”
Read up on that and on the shooter's resolution here.
Same as every year, Activision is throwing big chunks of money to promote Call of Duty games -- and it's no different with Advanced Warfare.
Watch the trailer right now and it's not half bad, in case you're wondering.
The spot is directed by Hollywood helmer Peter Berg (Lone Survivor, Battleship), the trailer stars Taylor Kitsch (John Carter, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and Emily Ratajkowski (Blurred Lines girl, Gone Girl) and showcases the power of the Exosuit to great effect.
After analyzing pre-order sales data, analyst firm Cowen and Company believes that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will sell around 40 percent less than Ghosts, and a whopping 70 percent less than the 2012 title Black Ops 2. Cowen & Co. noted that it believes that the Call of Duty franchise has moved past its best days.
Here's our full story on it in case you're interested in Call of Duty's seemingly downward turn.
With the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Season Pass, you’ll receive four DLC packs, early access to bonus DLC weapons, and the Atlas Gorge multiplayer map on day one, all for $49.99 ($10 less than the price of buying everything separately). To see the Atlas Gorge map in action, check out the Season Pass trailer right now.
Although Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare won’t be released until November 4, it appears as if a number of copies of the upcoming shooter have slipped out into the public.
The full list of maps, weapons and a ton of other details -- and even Sledgehammer's reaction -- can be seen here.
A recent article in Newsweek Magazine that apparently details 12 competitive multiplayer modes was found and put online by Reddit user Skaterkid9606. The article mentions the following modes: Free for All, Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint, Capture the Flag, Kill Confirmed, Search & Destroy, Search & Rescue, Uplink, Momentum, Gun Game, and Infected.
Check them out here.
Possibly the most requested feature since Call of Duty multiplayer made it big, dedicated servers are coming to the shooter! We just don't know which platforms are getting it...
Are you tired of quick-scopers in multiplayer shooters? Well, if you are, you’ll be glad to know that won’t be prevalent in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare -- at least according to developer Sledgehammer Games.
On the official Call of Duty site, the Advanced Warfare PS3 to PS4 upgrade has been revealed, too. The digital base game, Season Pass and additional digital content will all be transferable for free — but only within the “console family.” So, this means, you can’t upgrade from the PS3 version to the Xbox One, and so on.
Full details right here.
It has been confirmed that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will have 13 multiplayer maps when it launches (14 if you have the Collector’s Edition), and it will feature the return of the Emblem Editor.
If you were expecting Battlefield-like destruction in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s multiplayer, then you’re out of luck. While the latest entry in the yearly shooter will have environmental destruction, it won’t be player-activated according to Sledgehammer Games.
While many people skip past the single-player campaign in a Call of Duty game, those of you who do decide to check out the Kevin Spacey and Troy Baker infused story of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare can expect a lengthier journey than previous years according to Sledgehammer Games co-founder Glen Schofield.
There's 45 total and a mix of single-player and multiplayer.
If you’ve seen gameplay footage of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, chances are you might have compared it to Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall — which is understandable since Respawn is comprised of staff that created the Call of Duty franchise.
This sentiment hasn’t flown over Sledgehammer Games co-founder Michael Condrey. Over on Twitter, Condrey lamented that “no matter how hard you try and try, people will always be convinced Advanced Warfare is a ripoff of Titanfall.” Condrey also adds, that the studio is not worried about these claims, too.
Check the tweets out in full in this post.
A Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare gameplay video has Michael Condry, co-founder of Sledgehammer Games, giving viewers a detailed look at three of the Exo Abilities that players can utilize in the game’s multiplayer matches.
Sony has confirmed that the game on PlayStation 4 is now available for pre-load in the United States, Canada, and Latin America for everyone who pre-ordered through the PlayStation Store.
For PlayStation 3 owners, the pre-load will begin at 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET on Saturday, November 1.
Details on that and the Day Zero edition can be seen in this post.
Speaking to PlayStation LifeStyle, we asked Sledgehamer Games’ Senior Development Director Judah Graham whether Advanced Warfare is using a brand new engine to run on now-gen platforms, or whether it was using a modified version of the shooter’s existing engine.
Here's what he said.