Persona 5 US Release Date Set for 2017
While Atlus has already confirmed that Persona 5 will be out in September later this year, fans were still left in the dark when it came to the RPG’s release window in the US.
Unfortunately, we’re here to be the bearer of bad news. According to Atlus, Persona 5 won’t make it stateside until 2017 — February 14, 2017, to be exact. At the very least, take comfort that Persona 5 will be at this year’s E3, so let’s hope for more gameplay and footage by then.
Now for the good stuff. Atlus has also confirmed the existence of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition and steelbook edition as well. Check out the details from the official press release below.
IRVINE, Calif. – June 7, 2016 – The jig is up for the Phantom Thieves on February 14, 2017, when the next numbered entry in the award-winning Persona series makes its debut in the Americas. ATLUS’ Persona Japanese role-playing game series will be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 consoles, and is available to pre-order now. Besides the PS3 game there will be a special PS4 SteelBook® Launch Edition as well as a limited “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition. Find out more details here: atlus.com/persona5.The details of the two limited PS4 editions of the games are:SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member–and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Anyone bummed out about this? I know some fans (hi, Cameron!) assumed it would be out this year. But from the look of things, Atlus seems to be doing it justice for the game’s US fans.