Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Test This Weekend to Include Bonus Reward, Tweaks for the Test Listed
In case you didn’t know, Titanfall 2’s multiplayer tech test is set commence once again this weekend. Starting August 26 and ending on August 28, shooter fans will be able to get taste of Respawn’s kind of multiplayer, but with an added incentive to do so.
Aside from implementing some of the changes based on the feedback from last weekend’s stress test and including a new map (Forward Base Kodai), Respawn is also rewarding players who participate in this weekend’s multiplayer event with their own unique Callsign. Players will have two chances to earn the Callsign and all they have to do is play during the Amped Happy Hour event this Saturday between 9-10 a.m PT and 4-5 p.m. PT. Anyone who plays during the one-hour Happy Hour sessions will get the Callsign, which you can see below, once the game’s out this October 28.
Remember those changes Respawn said they’re rolling to the final version of Titanfall 2? Some of the improvements will be seen starting tomorrow during the tech test. The full patch notes can be seen below straight from the press release, and yep, it tackles Pilot mobility, Titan timers and more.
TIME TO KILL
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We’re still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
- Increased max wall-running speed.
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
- Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
We wanted to note and apologize for “Invite Friends” still being broken in this build. We needed to get the patch to certification quickly to ensure gameplay changes could make it in for this weekend, so we couldn’t get to this in time.
Hopefully, most of the complaints the first Titanfall 2 tech test will addressed when players play the newer build tomorrow. Not bad, Respawn, not bad.
One last thing, make sure to check out and search for PlayStation LifeStyle’s Network when you join up, alright? Just search for “PlayStation LifeStyle” and you’ll see that the Network was created by our own Mack Ashworth (GamingWithMack) and you’ll have that awesome PSLS tag next to your name while you play.