Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition Gets a Launch Trailer, Physical Version
At 5pm PT/8pm ET today, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour will go live digitally on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, priced at $19.99 USD. If you’d prefer a physical copy of the game, GameStop is exclusively selling it in North America for PS4 and Xbox One, priced at $19.99 USD, though it won’t be available until October 18.
To see what to expect from Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition, check out the above launch trailer, with the below gameplay video showing off the new episode, Alien World Order.
Here’s everything you’ll find in the game, including that all-new episode, new music, behind-the-scenes-commentary, the ability to switch to the original graphics engine, and online co-op:
- Hail to the King, Baby! – Complete, all-new episode containing eight brand new, classically-designed levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray
- Come Get Some! – All-new original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John
- I’ve Got Balls of Steel! – All-new behind-the-scenes commentary from the original development team, accessible in-game
- I’m Lookin’ Good! – Play the game using the original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at improved fidelity and frame rate using Gearbox’s all-new “True3D Rendering” mode
- Ooh, That’s Gotta Hurt! – Duke it out online with up to eight players in Dukematch or team up in eight-player online co-op
According to the PlayStation Store, Duke Nukem 3D for PS4 is about a 1GB download. If you pre-order, you’ll receive an official theme.