New Fortnite Battle Royale 50 v 50 Mode is Available Now For Limited Time
Epic Games has announced tonight that a brand new game mode for Fortnite‘s Battle Royale mode is available now for a limited time. The game mode, simply dubbed “50 versus 50,” pits two teams of 50 against one another in a massive, last-team standing battle. The mode is the first unique game mode planned for Fortnite, with Epic Games saying that more content is planned for the future.
The game mode – which is essentially a sort of team deathmatch for Fortnite – is available now and will run through Sunday, December 17. Epic Games hasn’t announced any special items or guns for the mode, so it seems like it will be your standard Fortnite Battle Royale game, but only with a team deathmatch style twist.
In case you missed it, a brand new update to Fortnite hit the game yesterday, bringing it to its 1.0 version and including some changes to both gameplay and the weapon tuning in the game:
- Decreased chance of getting Bandages from Treasure Chests and Supply Drops by 35%.
- Reduced aim assist on controllers.
- This should make it easier to lead targets with Sniper Rifles.
- The updated aim assist system allows us to iterate easily. Let us know how you think we can improve aim assist.
- Removed tracers from the silenced SMG.
- Sniper Rifles no longer reload while in scoped view.
- You can now view your personal stats and XP gained at the end of a match or when spectating.
- You can now choose to abandon one of your Daily Challenges each day.
- Added “Net Debug Stats” panel to the Battle Royale UI.
Fortnite is available now.