There’s a lot of new stuff being implemented into Destiny this past few days, and chief among the changes is how Exotics and even the sole seller of it interacts with players and the game. So for this week’s Destiny Xur location and items post, we’ve also rounded up some of the changes coming to the sought-after weapons, as well as to Xur himself.
First things first, for this weekend, Xur can be spotted in the Tower Hangar, just turn right as you enter. Now, for his wares, Xur — Agent of the Nine now has Exotic Shards for sale! Check out his list of items available this weekend in the gallery below, and go read up on some of the changes coming to Exotic weapons which we’ve detailed a bit.
Now for Exotic item changes, Bungie has listed the “talent” changes coming to the item tier, as well as the new way to upgrade ’em.
Exotic Talent Changes
- As part of the December 1st Destiny Update, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials for upgrades
- The final power node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
- This new material is obtained by one of the following means:
- Dismantling unwanted Exotics
- Purchased from Xûr for 7 Strange Coins
New Exotic Upgrading
- Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.
- Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values
- Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard
- The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item
- Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory
In other Destiny news, Bungie has spoken out on the third mysterious subclass slot that’s been puzzling some people as to what it really is. Also of note and a little bit disappointing, the studio has also confirmed it has “absolutely no plans” to implement matchmaking in Raids.
Are you liking the changes to Exotic items or should Bungie revert it to how it was before?