Released at the beginning of the month on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita, the response to Helldivers (read our review) from Arrowhead Game Studios has been “overwhelming,” with the latest statistics showing 500 million enemies have already been killed:
- 4.2 billion shots fired by the Helldivers (avg. accuracy 38%)
- 500 million enemies of Super-Earth neutralized (killed)
- 772 thousand planets liberated
- 33 thousand cape spinning Trophies earned
- 9 million Helldivers have sacrificed their lives in the fight for freedom (2.3 million of those to Friendly Fire)
Arrowhead is also releasing three DLC packs today in North America and tomorrow in Europe, featuring new outfits and gear. Priced at $2.99 individually, or available as a bundle for $5.99, here’s what each pack includes:
- The Commando Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- SMG-34 ‘Ninja’: A silenced, compact, submachine gun with short reach and good accuracy. The silenced aspect has been debated much and there is no proof that it actually reduces the risk of detection.
- MLS-4X ‘Commando’: A multiple missile launcher system similar to the one used on the EXO-44. From its four barrels it fires seeking missiles at a high rate of fire; primarily an anti-personnel weapon, it can be upgraded to have limited anti-tank capabilities.
- The Defender Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- CR-9 ‘Suppressor’: A semi-automatic rifle firing small fragmentation grenades. It is a volatile weapon but capable of devastating large masses of enemies, hence the nickname ‘Suppressor’.
- AD-334 ‘Guard Dog’: A backpack drone system, featuring an automated defensive combat drone armed with a small submachine gun. The drone circles ahead, firing at targets of opportunity and will land in the backpack to reload.
- The Support Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape.
- LAS-16 ‘Sickle’: A carbine based on laser technology, modified to behave more as a regular assault rifle. It overheats quickly but well placed shots do excellent damage and the virtually unlimited ammunition is invaluable in tight situations.
- AD-289 ‘Angel’: A backpack drone system, with an automated healing and repair drone that will try to help all friendly targets in its vicinity. It will land in the backpack to refill the restorative substance.
[Source: PS Blog]