For PS4 owners in North America, those who pre-ordered or bought Wolfenstein: The New Order at retail on or before May 26, 2014 to get into the Doom beta can redeem their code for entry. If you purchased The New Order digitally, your invitation to the Doom beta is associated with your PSN user account. If selected for the alpha, you’ll be sent an email from Sony or Bethesda.
The Doom Twitter account adds, “If you previously redeemed the DOOM Beta code included with Wolfenstein and received confirmation, no further action is required.”
For PS4 owners in Europe, Bethesda says:
Because of technical issues, PlayStation Closed Alpha codes in Europe will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that everyone who has redeemed their DOOM Beta code will have access to the DOOM Beta in 2016.
Saying that the closed alpha is a “series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world consumer environment,” Bethesda notes that it isn’t the beta, a demo, or representative of the final game. Also, while the beta and full game will be available in multiple languages, the closed alpha is an English-only test.
Here’s what you’ll find in the closed alpha:
One Map: Heatwave
- The Alpha will feature 1 multiplayer map: Heatwave. This industrial-themed map will place players in an arena setting featuring plenty of armor, ammo, and health pickups. Narrow corridors, walkways and small chambers all link to a central, open area of the map, providing players with a variety of environments that suit varying playstyles, as well as the focus point for fighting over key power-ups.
One Mode: 6v6 Team Deathmatch
- Welcome to the core of DOOM’s arena-style multiplayer combat. In this mode, two teams of 6 players will try to dominate each other by fighting over the Revenant and Gauss Rifle power-ups, which provide devastating firepower that can turn the tide or ensure victory.
One Demon: Revenant
- Being the first player to the Demon Rune will transform you into the powerful Revenant. Use your jetpack and dual rocket launchers to hunt down the other team for a limited time to either secure your team’s lead or mount a comeback.
One Power Weapon: Gauss Cannon
- Available as a counter to the Revenant, this high-powered weapon destroys opponents in one blast. Use the alternate fire to see your targets through walls, but be warned, there is a limited number of shots, so use it to take down the demon rather than enemy players. Once you’re out of ammo, you have to wait for it to appear on the map again.
Six Weapons, Two Equipment Items
- The Closed Alpha will feature a limited arsenal of weapons and items featured in the complete game. They can be used both in standard and customizable loadouts.
- Weapons: Vortex Rifle, Super Shotgun, Repeater, Rocket Launcher, Static Cannon, Plasma Rifle
- Equipment Items: Personal Teleporter, Frag Grenade
Are you hoping to get selected for the alpha?
[Source: Doom Alpha]