With The Walking Dead: Michonne Episode 1 out tomorrow on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC/Mac, Telltale Games has brought out the launch trailer, which sets up the characters and settings of In Too Deep.
Here’s the description for Episode 1:
In this premiere episode, Michonne joins Pete and his crew on the sailing ship The Companion as they cruise the coast for survivors and supplies. When a desperate signal for help draws them to a scene of horrific massacre, Michonne and the crew are lead further to the floating survivors’ colony of Monroe, which may just be harboring the person responsible for the carnage.
The Walking Dead: Michonne is priced at $14.99. Episode 2 will follow in March, with Episode 3 in April.
Telltale Games answered some questions about Michonne (potential spoilers ahead), with the answers below:
- No, old save files aren’t needed to play Michonne. No experience playing/reading/watching
#TWD needed either!
- Nope [there won’t be references to the past two seasons]. This is a story that stands apart from Lee & Clem’s, and a great place to start with Michonne’s.
- Prior reading of
#TWD comics is NOT required at all to enjoy and play Michonne. Comics are badass though!
- Michonne will not be dying in this miniseries. Story explores her inner demons that drove her away from Rick and what brought her back.
- Trust us. [Michonne not dying is] not a spoiler. Also, in this universe, never rule out a fate worse than death.
- Michonne will bring the stories of the comic and the Telltale series closer together.
- Telltale exists in the comic universe canon, while both are separate from the AMC continuum.
Will you be playing Michonne this week?