Already available on PC, FIFA 17 update 1.03 (aka Title Update 2) was released today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with users reporting a download size of 2.96GB on PS4 and 2.76GB on Xbox One.
As the patch notes show, EA addressed a frame-rate issue during the pre-match skill game, updated player faces, added stability fixes to FIFA Ultimate Team, and more:
- Several new or updated player faces rendered for accurate character likeness.
- General overlay adjustments.
- Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn’t the one used in-game.
- Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
- Spanish crowds now use the authentic audio when reacting to a goal.
- Black custom kits no longer clash with referee kits.
Addressed the Following in Pro Clubs
- The flair trait is now available for all Pros.
- Carrying over your Virtual Pro from FIFA 16 now correctly unlocks all passive traits.
- An issue where players could receive excessive skill points.
In The Journey
- Localized audio and character speech for the following: German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Mexican Spanish.
- Various presentation improvements.
Addressed the Following in FIFA Ultimate Team
- General stability fixes in FIFA Ultimate Team and other online game modes.
To see how the PS4 version of FIFA 17 compares to the PS4 Pro version, check out the above video from Digital Foundry.
In EA’s recent financial report, they revealed that FIFA 17’s first-week player count was 20% higher than FIFA 16, and nearly two-thirds of FIFA 17 owners have played The Journey story mode.
FIFA 17 Update 1.03 Is Live on PS4 & Xbox One