With just over two weeks to go until launch, Bungie and Activision have brought out the Destiny 2 launch trailer, which previews the story and offers brief glimpses of gameplay.
The description says, “Humanity has fallen. Villainous Dominus Ghaul has arrived on Earth with his Red Legion army to lay claim to the power he believes he alone is worthy to wield. Rally with the remaining survivors and rise up to defeat Ghaul before all is lost.”
Destiny 2 releases on September 6 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you’re getting a digital copy, pre-loading begins on August 31 for PS4 (Xbox One pre-loading starts this week). There will also be a Day 1 Destiny 2 update available prior to launch, but Bungie didn’t say how big it would be or what it would do.
At launch, Destiny 2 will require a minimum of 68GB of free space on your hard drive.
If you have the Destiny Companion App, it will be updated on August 23 with these new features for Destiny 2:
Explore – All about what’s happening in the world of Destiny:
- Stay up to date with the latest news and updates
- Discover new events and activities
- See the latest amazing creations from our community
- Find community and help with forums and groups
Clans – Stay connected with your teammates wherever you are:
- Create or join a Clan and invite others to join you
- Manage your Clan roster and see who is playing
- Create a shared identity with a unique banner
- Track your Clan progression and shared rewards
- Communicate with your teammates through Clan text chat
Will you be getting Destiny 2 on launch day?