Bungie has dropped its usual “This Week at Bungie” update, this time for September 13, 2018. Today marks the opening of the Last Wish raid for Destiny 2: Forsaken, so it’s time to talk about rewards. There’s also Iron Banner stuff happening next week, and a new hotfix about ready to come out of the oven. Let’s get into it.
Bungie has already shown off the World First title belts, for the first team to take down the Last Wish raid. But there are more goodies too for people who might miss first place, but can still take it down early. For the first twenty-four hours, whoever makes it in that time period will receive a Wish Ascended emblem. Any player who can beat the raid between now and September 18, 2018 will also get to order a personalized jacket.
The jacket is part of the previously-announced Bungie Rewards program. Players will need to beat the raid, claim the Triumph, and then claim a code on the Bungie Rewards website before the cutoff point in order to gain access to the jacket. At that point, players will have until September 30, 2018 to actually redeem the code and buy their jacket.
Iron Banner starts back up next week, and Bungie claims that Power will matter for the first time in Destiny 2 multiplayer. The game mode here is Control, and the event runs from September 18 to September 25, 2018.
Lord Saladin will also have seven weekly bounties, which come with new Iron Banner-themed rewards. He will also start selling armor and weapons once you complete certain bounties. Finally, if you have tokens left over from Season 3, you can turn them in for reputation packages.
Finally, a hotfix will launch next week, bringing Destiny 2 up to version 2.0.3. Bungie dropped a couple of preview notes:
- Fixing an issue that impacted weapon recoil on PC
- Fixing an issue where the Traveler’s Chosen sidearm had no dismantle or vault functionality
- The Traveler’s Chosen will appear as the damaged version in character inventory once this change is live
- Fixing an issue where daily clan bounties were not rotating properly each day
- Players may be given the option to reconnect to Competitive matches when encountering errors that remove them to the login screen
This Week at Bungie Update Details Iron Banner, Last Wish, and More