Sony rolled out PS5 system software update 23.02-08.20.00 this morning with some minor improvements and new features. One of the new features actually makes it easier for players to check for new PS5 features!
PS5 system update 23.02-08.20.00 patch notes (October 2023)
Complete patch notes are as follows:
- Music in the control center is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists, and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PS VR2.
- If you say “What’s new?” via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We’ve improved the messages and usability on some screens.
Sony hasn’t said when Voice Command will roll out worldwide but regardless of where you’re based, if you have a U.S. or U.K. PSN account, you can preview the feature right now provided you speak in English. Other languages should become available when the current testing phase is complete.