SCEA Job Posting for PS Video Store Manager Reveals More Details About the Video Service
While perusing for job opportunities at Sony, I stumbled across some interesting information. This recent job posting gives us some exclusive insight into the upcoming PlayStation Video Store. I’m sure we’ll hear more about this in the coming days, but if you want a sneak peak – check out the job posting I dug up. Here are the highlights:
- PlayStation Video Store will feature rotating banner ads, just like regular PlayStation Store
- PlayStation Video Store is planning monthly ad promotions
- New video store will be advertised both online and in retail brochures
- It appears the there will be both console and PC-based video services (PSLS comment: possible PSP video store?)
- Store to include both TV and movie programming
See the full SCEA job listing after the jump:The E-Commerce Manager, PlayStation Store (Video) will manage the day-to-day front end experience and category management of the PlayStation Store video service. Specific job requirements include:
- Partner with the Senior Manager to implement and execute strategic marketing and content acquisition initiatives to launch, grow and evolve the PlayStation Store video distribution service (VDS) to meet store goals and objectives.
- Manage weekly ad promotions for VDS – work with the VDS team to determine the banner rotation of content; Recommend, create and execute timely promotions on a monthly basis to fulfill marketing requirements for content partners and/or to execute PlayStation Store initiatives.
- Work closely with PlayStation Network team to recommend and define new e-commerce features and functionality of the PlayStation Store, as it relates to the front-end consumer experience for browsing, downloading and purchasing digital content
- Work closely with PlayStation Network finance manager to define e-commerce performance and success metrics for VDS and its content providers; ensure reporting and communication of performance is communicated in a relevant and timely manner.
- Be an integral part in identifying relevant content and programming to grow the VDS category, both from a content and revenue-maximizing perspective.
- Manage the marketing copy and assets for VDS-related marketing materials including online marketing, retail brochures and collateral.
- Conduct relevant consumer research (qualitative and quantitative) and competitive analysis for programming content and service features for console and PC-based video services
- Create processes and procedures to track, monitor and record all VDS-related merchandising efforts.
- Supervise e-commerce Specialist to ensure ongoing support of the PlayStation Store video service needs are being met.
- PEOPLE: Capacity to implement and monitor complex plans and schedules. Ability to make good and timely decisions in relatively complex situations. Reacts with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response and turnaround. Can build effective working relationships inside and outside the PlayStation Store team. Ability to solve routine problems quickly and effectively. Can maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information. Must be able to direct and supervise direct reports and projects to achieve set goals and objectives.
- PROCESS: Ability to organize, forecast for upcoming needs and plan ahead accordingly. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- TECHNICAL: Proficiency in using Lotus Notes, Oracle, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Ability to work effectively in a heavily networked environment.
- PLANNING/IMPLEMENTATION: Ability to utilize company databases and processes in support of implementing procedures to manage PlayStation Store planning. Ability to define a project goal, outline issues pertaining to attainment of that goal, make a recommendation regarding course of action, and implement that course of action successfully. This position has frequent contact with all levels of SCEA employees and managers, as well as frequent contact with high level outside content providers, vendors and affiliate companies.
INDUSTRY: 6+ years experience in digital media, e-commerce and entertainment related industry required. Good overall knowledge of company products and overall business objectives. Strong familiarity with TV and movie programming, content providers (studios and networks) and emergent entertainment programming preferred.