Bomberman and Bonk Bounce onto PSN
Being two highly-respected series, who did not think that a new Bomberman and Bonk would arrive on PSN? Well, now they are.
And guess what? They aren’t ports, as they are new titles in their series! Bomberman Live: Battlefest will feature modes such as Capture the Flag, VIP, and Team modes. It will also have some new power-ups for you to harness.
Bonk now has current generation in its veins, coming with co-op plus online play. Here are the full details for both titles.
Bonk. Is. Back! Hudson’s loveable caveman makes his long-awaited return and has brought his enormously giant head with him! Get ready for an all new adventure exclusively on Xbox LIVE®Arcade, Playstation®Network, and WiiWare™ in Spring 2010!
A doomsday comet, surrounded by smaller chunks of debris, is on a collision course with Earth. A strange magnetic field around the comet seems to be driving most of the planet’s weak-willed creatures crazy, and smaller bits of debris are smashing into the jungle near Bonk’s home. Bonk must undertake a perilous journey that will take him to the very center of the planet to save the world.
The Return Of The Most Widely Requested Classic Platformer
• Story Mode with Co-Op play. Play alone or have a friend join you at any time!
• An entire new adventure with Bonk as he swims, bites, climbs, jumps, runs, and head-butts his way through jungles, deserts and volcanic caverns
• Search for help along the way: power ups, check points, and extra health are the staple for every adventuring caveman.
• Transformations are back and weirder than ever! Now Bonk can transform himself into eight different forms by eating meat or encountering Primordial Jelly. No enemy is safe from the boy with the super noggin!New Features
• Online play for the first time in the series!
• New enemies with incredible variations in personalities and abilities. Beware the Raptor Unicycle Tank!
• Classic 2D platforming in a 3D world.
• Tons of collectibles will have you searching the entire prehistoric world.Join us as we welcome Bonk back into our hearts! For those who haven’t played the originals, you’re in for a prehistoric side-scrolling adventure, the likes of which you’ve never seen! Coming soon for XBLA, PSN, and WiiWare.
Ready for more? The sequel to the immensely popular downloadable game brings more action, more multiplayer fun, more powerups, more modes, more maps, more costumes, more….everything! The classic Bomberman gameplay upgrades with new features (including the fan-requested Teams gameplay!) that will have you hooked on blasting friends online or locally. And with up to 8 players online, every match is guaranteed to be epic fun! With an array of gameplay options at your disposal, Bomberman Live: Battlefest is set to rock the house on Xbox LIVE® Arcade this Winter, and detonate on the Playstation®Network and WiiWare™ in 2010!
Assemble the crew. It’s time to bring the bombs with your buddies and prove who’s got the chops to hold the Team crown! Play locally or bring the pain online; it’s more fun with friends!
All new ways to claim your Bomberman crown! Learn more about these team-only gameplay modes and how they’ll change the way you play.
Protect the VIP! Two teams of four each have one VIP on their squad. Unfortunately, the VIP is so important, they can’t set any bombs! You’ll have to work together to defend with your other team mates who must escort the VIP to a designated point at the other end of the arena.
Capture the Flag
The classic multiplayer game is here in full form! Both teams have a flag so both teams will need to both attack and defend their flags as well. Coordinate effectively as a team to come out on top! It’s CTF, Bomberman style!Capture the Crown
First appearing in Bomberman Blast, Capture the Crown makes a triumphant return! Players start on the edges of the arena with one crown in the middle. The player who is able to hold onto the crown the longest wins!
It’s points for power-ups! Players earn points for bombing other players, destroying blocks, and so on. The twist? Destroying blocks rarely yields a power-up. At the end of each match, you’ll trade in your points gained for power-ups in the menu in between matches. Bomb wisely!
5 all-new powerups make their debut! Will the power of the Cluster Bomb be your new go-to? Or will the destructive Laser Bomb be a game-changer? Veterans need not worry as all the classic powerups return in full force! Customization options allow you to pick and choose which power-ups appear in any given arena.New Characters!You thought you had choices before? Bomberman 2 packs 18 new costumes in addition to the original selection from Bomberman Live! Mix and match 3 costume pieces from Napoleon Bombaparte, Chef Bombardee, Sir Bombalot, and more! Make your Bomberman your own!
The Bomberman battlegrounds have changed once again, this time with more tricks, gimmicks, and fun! From Adventure Island themed landscapes to the shape-shifting MultiMaze, no battle will ever be the same!