Boomshakalaka Returns to the Court with NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
NBA Jam returned last year and showed us that the joy of arcade is still alive, and EA’s latest press release reveals that the series itself is still kicking. A new release of NBA Jam is on it’s way, this time titled NBA Jam: On Fire Edition. Just what kind of boomshakalaka will it include, though?
See below for the entire list of key new features in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition:
- REAL AI – Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.
- JAM Arena – Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
- Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.
- Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
- More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!
We were disappointed with the last title‘s online component, so Jam Arena and Road Trip may be enough to warrant a purchase for the competitive gamers out there. We all know the game will be fun to play with friends, so assuming the added teams, players, and modes are exciting, this should be one exciting PlayStation Network title.