PlayStation Support Troubleshoots PS4 Disc Read Errors and Game Crashing
It appears as though getting a disc stuck in your PS4 isn’t the only disc-related issue that could pop up for your new system, as reports are coming through that games are crashing and rendering the disc unrecognizable.
Giving you some options on how to fix the issue of discs not reading was Unicorn Justice of PlayStation Support:
- You can try deleting the specific game app data and reinstalling.
- If your save data is corrupt, you can try deleting it.
There are a number of PS4 safe mode options (hold down the power button for 7 seconds when system is off) that may help as well, but be careful as some methods can delete are your data and settings:
- Restart System - Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
- Change Resolution - Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
- Update System Software - Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
- Restore Default Settings - Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
- Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
- Initialize PS4 - IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step. Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 to as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
- Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) - IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. A message that states a USB storage device containing the System Software must be connected, is displayed. Then you can confirm the selection.
Some people are reporting that auto-eject problems have been resolved after downloading system software update 1.51, so give that a try if your discs weren’t ejecting properly.
Have you experienced any disc issues with your PS4? Let us know in the comments below.