Homefront: The Revolution Update 1.04 Is Live on PS4, Addresses Checkpoint Saves & Crashing
Teased over the last couple of weeks, Homefront: The Revolution update 1.04 is now live on PlayStation 4, with an Xbox One version of the update still in testing.
As the patch notes reveal, update 1.04 addresses the frequency of checkpoint save locations, fixes game crashes, and brings back missing map icons:
- We have optimised the number of checkpoint save locations throughout the single player campaign to reduce the number of checkpoint saves encountered.
- We have removed the need to perform a checkpoint save every time a new job is accepted by the player.
- We have implemented additional messaging to make it clearer when the game is performing a checkpoint save.
- Fixed a high frequency game logic crash related to autonomous drone turrets in the single player campaign.
- Fixed a high frequency rendering crash bug relating to the water shader and shadows from clouds.
- Fixed a low frequency issue that some players experienced when upgrading from the Day 0 patch to patch v1.03 related to missing map elements that would prevent further progress. Anyone affected by this issue should now be able to continue playing the game, however there may be some slight inconsistencies with the Hearts and Minds stats.
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios is still working on improving the frame-rate of Homefront: The Revolution, and future updates will include further improvements to the checkpoint save system and fixes for crashes.
What do you think of Homefront after installing update 1.04?
[Source: Homefront Game]