Watch Sony Fully Take Apart a PS4 Pro, Piece by Piece
In an official teardown video from Sony, Keiichi Aoki, Director of Mechanical Design, takes a PlayStation 4 Pro apart piece by piece to show you what’s inside. Featuring English subtitles, here’s some key moments to skip to in the video:
- 0:15 – Hard Drive Removal: Take off the bay cover, then use a screwdriver to unscrew the screw, and then pull out the metal plate and HDD.
- 0:50 – Tamper Seals: There are tamper evident seals on the back of the system. Once removed, you can no longer receive customer support from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- 1:20 – Screws: Once the seals are off, there are three screws you need to remove. When that’s done, the top cover of the PS4 Pro pops off.
- 1:55 – The innards of the PS4 Pro, followed by the removal of the screws keeping the power supply unit in place. When that’s done, you’re able to take the other cover off the PS4 Pro.
- 2:35 – Overview of what’s inside the PS4 Pro – and where everything’s located.
- Rest of the Video – Removal of every PS4 Pro piece. At the 12:20 mark, you can see every component housed inside the console.
To see our thoughts on the PS4 Pro, head over here.
[Source: PlayStation Blog]