Next Free Titanfall 2 DLC Update, The War Games, Drops on June 27
— Titanfall (@Titanfallgame) June 22, 2017
On Tuesday, June 27, Respawn will release The War Games, the sixth free Titanfall 2 DLC drop since launch. A full trailer detailing The War Games content will be available next week, but you can see a teaser above.
With The War Games, you’ll find a new map, a new Live Fire map, a new execution, a new Featured Mode in the form of Free Agents, and everything else you see below:
- War Games – Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routes.
New Live Fire Map
- Traffic – A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.
- Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot] – Get 20 pilot kills while a holopilot ability is active (Both normal holopilot and boost ability holopilot nova count.) Does not retroactively count.
- 3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots – You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.
- Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.
- New Featured Mode: Free Agents
- Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.
Respawn adds that the July update next month “will be huge and will include the long-awaited return of a favorite mode from the original Titanfall.”
At EA Play, Respawn revealed that nearly 20 million people have experienced either Titanfall or Titanfall 2, and “we’re committed to the franchise and excited by the opportunities ahead of us.” Currently, there’s over a million monthly active players in Titanfall 2.