The DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition officially launches tomorrow, June 25.
As Shuhei Yoshida reveals, the online functions will be rolled out over time to ensure a stable launch.
The official DriveClub Facebook account has revealed that today’s launch was premature and the servers still aren’t ready:
We’re preparing to launch DriveClub PS+ Edition & will have news for you soon.
The Store update today with the DriveClub PS+ Edition was premature. The servers aren’t ready yet, so it’s been removed while we get them ready. Apologies on their behalf for any confusion and inconvenience caused.
No new release date was given.
The link to the DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition is now invalid and searching for the PS+ Edition returns no results.
We’ll let you know if Sony has anything to say about this accidental release of the PS+ Edition today.
After being delayed away from its original October 7 release date due to server issues, the DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition has now appeared on the PlayStation Store in North America with today’s update.
- Every DriveClub feature: from online multiplayer matches and challenges, to offline solo racing, Tour events, customization, replays, Photo Mode and more.
- The option to create your own races with full control over the time of day and the weather.
- Access to all 13 tracks in India, one of six locations in DriveClub.
- 15 cars for your garage.
- A full set of 27 PlayStation trophies, including the precious Platinum.
If you spend $24.99 USD/$27.49 CAD to upgrade to the full version of DriveClub, you’ll then receive “an extra 40+ cars, 65 tracks and a vast single player campaign.”
It doesn’t appear the DriveClub PS+ Edition is available in Europe yet, but there’s a chance it will show up with the PlayStation Store update tomorrow.
Will you be downloading and playing the DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition today?
[Source: PlayStation Store]
- PlayStation LifeSyle Best of E3 2015
- Top 5 Worst E3 2015 Moments
- The Last Guardian, Leaks, and the Guilt of Almost Killing a Giant
DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition Now Available On PlayStation Store