BioWare’s Head of Live Service, Chad Robertson, has penned a blog for Anthem‘s community, promising regular communication and content for the game. As part of the update, he shared an outline of Anthem‘s roadmap that teases new rewards, freeplay events, weekly stronghold challenges, and more.
Here’s what you can expect in the coming months:
- Quality of Life: fixes, improvements, and optimizations
- Rewards: weekly Alliance Coin
- Daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
- New cosmetics: Prospero store refresh
February 2019 (launch month)
- Freeplay events: Outlaw Outrage, There Be Giants, Shaper Surge
- New cosmetics: Elysian stronghold caches
- Legendary Missions – Phase I
- New freeplay events and rewards
- Expanded progression: mastery system
- New stronghold: The Sunken
- Legendary Missions – Phase II
- Social Play: guilds, leaderboards, weekly stronghold challenge
BioWare said that it will share more details about the aforementioned content in due course, and there’s a lot more to come after April.
Robertson also acknowledged that the studio has a lot of work to do to improve Anthem, and said that it will be closely monitoring community feedback as part of the process.
“As a gamer, I’m excited by what we’ve created with Anthem and the promise it carries for a long future behind the game’s lush world, immersive lore, rich characters, and core gameplay,” he continued. “As a developer, I know we’ve worked hard to strike a balance of engaging BioWare story combined with fun action-gameplay and multiplayer progression; I also know how much more we want to bring to the game.”
Anthem is out now for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.