The Overwatch 2 servers launched earlier today, but as is to be expected from free-to-play games these days, server issues and login errors have plagued the game’s first few hours of service. Others are facing massive queues as thousands of players try to log into the game at the same time.
Blizzard reveals known issues in Overwatch 2
The main issue for many players trying to get into Overwatch 2 is the queue times. Some queue numbers have reached 30k-40k, although others have received error messages claiming there are “0 players ahead of you”. Those who do manage to work their way through the queue can then be unexpectedly disconnected from the servers too. Blizzard Entertainment has stated these server issues and login errors are “actively being worked on” in an attempt to find a fix for all Overwatch 2 players.
“Unexpected Server Error” is another common message. Apparently this is occurring for some players who have merged their PC and console accounts. Finally, some players have found they are missing skins, especially from the Watchpoint Pack, as well as other items and currency. All of these are included in the list of known issues:
Known Launch Issues
- Some players who merged their PC and console accounts are seeing an “Unexpected Server Error”
- Some cosmetics, items, and currency that players own are not showing up in their collections
- Some players are experiencing server disconnects
- The camera may be misplaced on the level when viewing your Highlights
- Hero Unlock challenges may fail to progress in Total Mayhem
- Workshop Green Screen and Workshop Island are loading incorrect maps and may break some existing codes
- Numbani, Necropolis, Illios CTF, and Temple of Anubis are temporarily disabled
- Echo is playing Kiriko, Sojourn, and Junker Queen ultimate lines in English for non-English languages
- Mitigating Bastion’s damage as many heroes will not grant proper credit for the System-Wide Malfunction season challenge
- SMS protect – Using a number that is already in use on another account can leave the client in an unusable state. If you encounter this, close the title, log into the affected http://battle.net/ account via web browser and change the number to one that is unique
- Match History and Replays are not appearing in Career Profile
Blizzard has said they will let players know “as soon as we have an update”.