Final Fantasy XIV Getting PS4 Pro Patch, Stormblood Expansion Gets Opening Movie and Samurai Job
Final Fantasy XIV received quite a lot of coverage at the Frankfurt Fan Fest yesterday, out of which we got word of a PlayStation 4 Pro patch, and new information on the upcoming Stormblood expansion.
Producer and director, Naoki Yoshida, revealed that the team has already begun working on a PS4 Pro patch. According to Nova Crystallis, he said:
Rather than using the PS4 Pro’s power to adapt to say 4K display, we’re thinking of using it for game performance. We’ve begun work on a Pro patch and hope to have details soon.
Elsewhere, Square Enix released Stormblood‘s opening movie, which you can check out below.
Here’s a rundown of the new information revealed (via Square Enix’s Twitter):
- Samurai has been added alongside Red Mage as a new DPS job.
- The Katana-wielding samurai will use STR gear.
- The port town of “Kugane” announced as a new player hub – beautiful Far-Eastern architecture!
- New Beast Tribe and Primal announced: The Kojin and ‘Susano.’
- New dungeons include Yanxia and The Azim Steppe.
- New residential area, Shirogane, looks to feature eastern-style housing and neighborhoods.
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood releases on June 20, 2017 for the PlayStation 4 and PC, following which PS3 support will end.