NieR: Automata and Nioh Are the Best Selling Games in Japan for February
The data for February’s game sales in Japan has been released by Famitsu, which reveals that NiOh and NieR: Automata were the best-selling full-priced games in Japan for the month.
Here’s the top 10 list of best-selling digital games in Japan for February:
- Assassin’s Creed Unity (PS4) – 133,943
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) – 126,689
- Let it Die (PS4) – 63,675
- NiOh (PS4) – 43,724
- NieR: Automata (PS4) – 38,180
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (PS4) – 23,645
- Super Robot Wars V (PS4) – 17,904
- For Honor (PS4) – 14,627
- Super Robot wars V (PS Vita) – 10,851
- Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 Professional (3DS) – 8,776
According to the list, Assassin’s Creed Unity and Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag technically the topped the charts but that was mostly due to both games going on sale and being sold for only 100 Yen. Additionally, Grasshopper Manufacturer’s free-to-play game Let it Die was also sold for 108 Yen simply due to it getting a CERO Z rating in the country.
Excluding those three titles, NiOh and NieR: Automata were able to top the charts with 43,724 and 38,180 digital copies sold, respectively. After adding in Famitsu’s earlier released reports on retail sales, NieR: Automata sold a total of 220,942 copies while NiOh sold 179,437.